Loving God. Loving People.
We have determined that at GCFirst our focus will not be on the organizational church but on the person. Our vision revolves around two simple concepts: "Loving God" AND "Loving People" which is expressed in four statements, that we might...
1. Experience the presence of God
2. Encourage deeper relationships with God and His People
3. Empower people for His service
4. Extend His love to the world
GCFirst embraces the four non-negotiable values, built on the principle that "Every person is valued and is the focus of our ministry."
1. Every person has the right to a presentation of the Gospel at his or her level of understanding.
There are several key phrases in this value:
* "Every person"
God's heart is to reach every person with his love and salvation. There is no one He does not love and want to save.
* "Has a right to a presentation of the Gospel"
We as a church and individuals must do everything we can to share Christ with those who do not know Him. This must take priority over lesser things.
* "At his or her level of understanding"
We must learn to communicate the gospel in ways that a non-Christian can understand.
2. Every person needs a biblical moral compass to guide and protect him/her throughout life.
No one can live their life in their own strength and wisdom. We all need guidance. We believe the Bible is the key to living meaningful lives.
3. Every believer has unique gifts to be discovered, developed, and used to strengthen the Church.
God has given to every Christian spiritual gifts, abilities and experiences that He wants to use to impact others.
4. Every believer has a purpose in advancing the global mission of Christ and the Church.
Individually we can never impact the world, but together we can impact our communities and the world. We do this in many ways: -￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼Living holy lives
-Building relationships with non-Christians
-Sharing the good news with those around us
-Praying for our communities and the lost
-Going where the Lord sends us
-Giving to support the work of others